I have never been a huge fan of salads. I'm a woman, so apparently I should love salad and rightfully gorge myself on it. As if it's some badge of honor. This is one of the huge disappointments I've found with being a member of my gender. Apparently all self-respecting women should just eat lettuce as a meal. This proves you're "taking care of yourself" or something. Ew. I am just not one of those rabbit-like salad eaters. I like protein. I like fruit. I like cheese. And throw in a little wine. So sue me. No don't. But for REAL throw in some bread and I'm a happy girl.
Here's the Deal.
I decided to create a GOOD salad. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you that this is a success story. Read on.
My delicious tasty oh-so-yummy salad consists of:
- A handful of Romaine Lettuce
- Another handful of Spinach
- 1/4 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup sliced kiwi
- A smattering of sunflower seeds
- A sprinkling of sliced almonds
- A light shower of grated Parmesan cheese
- A pinch-ful of fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Lets Dress* it up:
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Combine all the "salad stuff."
2. Combine all the "dressing fixings" into a food processor. Blend until mostly smooth (it will be textured) and then toss delightfully over the delicious yummy salad. Bring on the taste.
My friends agreed. I may or may not have made this in honor of a ladies lunch and bridge club session. I would normally feel embarrassed of what you think of me for saying that, but for some surprising reason I just don't. I'm learning to play bridge and learning to love salad. And this was a goooooooooood salad. Enjoy your taste buds again, ladies. And eat your heart out. You're welcome.