An Adventuresome Timeline.
Stevie and I have been on a LOT of adventures since we've been together. When I think back over all the trips and moves we made together, my head swims through a messy wonderful kaleidoscope of memories. As we look forward to what is coming next, I can't help but smile at our milestones:
- Moved across the country in a hippie-ish caravan of our brothers, sisters, cousins and friends. We saw penguins in Tennessee, marveled at the Grand Canyon, bathed in the Colorado River (epic mistake), mountain biked in Moab and finally found our way into the city of Redding, Ca.
- Encountered Jesus in a whole new way during our time in ministry school. Life changer.
- Got engaged at Christmastime in Atlanta's Centennial Park.
- Got married on a sunny southern plantation in the wonderful month of June.
- Went to Ecuador. Fell in love with the Andes.
- Went garage sale-ing on the weekends. Cuz that's a wild Saturday while living in Redding.
- Attempted to uproot the Redwoods and take them with us when we journeyed back across the country a year later. Moved back to Atlanta.
- Stevie got a job.
- I went to college.
- We made the best friends of our life.
- Had the pleasure of creating sweet music with some of our favorite people.
- Ate a lot of family dinners. Because, you know, we could. (Hi Mom!)
- Stevie got accepted into Harvard Business School
. Whoa. He's so smart.
- I figured out a way to work and go to school in Atlanta. While living in Cambridge. (Someone please pound a sarcastic "That was easy" Staples button)
- Made more best friends.
- Stevie went to India with his classmates to play with multi-million dollar diamonds. "For school purposes". I whined the entire time he was gone. LIKE THE GIRL I AM.
- Discovered the glory of Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod and all things Maine.
- Surfed in Puerto Rico. Where I performed mild surgery on my husband because he stepped on an urchin.
- I graduated! Go Owls!
- Stevie graduated! Go...Crimson??
- We took off to Europe for a month and had the trip of our life.
And now? Well...
Here we go... and we are thrilled! Bring on this next adventure!