Good Morning Green Juice.
It's almost the weekend! To celebrate, let's add some healthy color to your morning routine! This is such a delicious way to get revved up and start the day. It's even better then a cup of coffee. That's right, I said it. I love drinking this in the morning because it feels really good to get in so many fruits and veggies so early in the day! Plus, it looks suuuuper green, but I promise it doesn't taste like grass. It tastes really tangy and refreshing (thanks to that hot hit of mint, mmm.)
This recipe serves two and is best if made in a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, or a juicer.
- 2 ribs of kale
- 1 handful of spinach (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup baby carrots (5-6)
- 1 green apple
- 1 red apple
- 1 lemon, skin and pith removed
- 3-4 sprigs of mint
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peel removed
- 1/3 cucumber, peeled
- 1 cup water
1. Place all the ingredients into Veronica the Vitamix (it's a bond, people), and secure the lid.
2. If you have a Vitamix: Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10, then turn on High. Blend for 45 seconds or until the desired consistency is reached.
If you have a juicer/food processor: You might have to do this in batches. My food processor is only a 2-cup, so I would probably have to break this up into three separated batches. Or you could try to use a powerful blender, but just make sure all your ingredients are roughly chopped (the carrots might pose the biggest problem.)
Seriously, this is going to make you feel like a superhero. Now go and conquer your week!
Keeping your weekend green! And let me know what you think!