Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas
I've got another surprisingly delicious and healthy recipe for you! This is straight out of Gwyneth Paltrow's book, It's All Good, and you guys - this is SO good. There was practically no need for any adjustments to this recipe, because it's just so tasty. I never eat cauliflower, but I've been trying to find fun ways to sneak more vegetables into my daily eats. This doesn't even taste vegetable-y, it's just yummy and warm and nutty. It makes a great side dish but it's also a hearty lunch option!
- 1 head cauliflower, outer leaves & stems removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil + a bit more
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Whole-grain Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the chickpeas and cauliflower together, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper. Place on roasting pan.
3. Roast until soft, 30-40 minutes.
4. Whisk together the mustards, vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil and a little more pepper for the dressing.
5. Once removed from the oven, toss the chickpeas and cauliflower with the mustard dressing and sprinkle the parsley on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
6. EAT IT UP. Because yum. Enjoy!