I love party food. Don't you? I make excuses to have people over just so I can try out new recipes and force feed my friends my latest experiments. Beware if you're invited over! Just kidding. I don't make bad food. Most of the time, anyway :)
This was a fun little appetizer that I stumbled upon on Pinterest via The Comfort of Cooking, and I thought I would give it a try for my Dave Ramsey FPU small group's last meeting. It was a fresh, Spring-y appetizer that excellently combined the sweet melon flavor with the salty prosciutto, sandwiching the creamy mozzarella and earthy parsley. It was really the right combination of flavors in one small bite. As I was munching on a few of these, I began brainstorming, and I think this appetizer would be delicious if you subbed the cantaloupe for mango or even pineapple. It would add an even wider range of flavors, which is just pure fun.
So if you have a party coming up, you should definitely give this one a try. It is no-cook, no-bake and took me under 15 minutes to prep. In other words, it's the world's perfect appetizer.
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 20 small mozzarella balls (found in the fancy cheese section of your grocery store)
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
1. Layer onto a toothpick in this order: a cube of melon, a folded slice of prosciutto and a mozzarella ball. Repeat this process with 20 toothpicks. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. It's a simple as that!
There you have it! Your next party plate. Let me know if you decide to give this one a try, friends!