2nd Trimester Must Haves by oykristen // 1. Gap Pure Body Long Sleeve Tee // 2. Gillian & O'Malley for Target Nursing Bra // 3. The Tracey Anderson Pregnancy Project // 4. Belvoir Sparkling Lemonade // 5. Liz Lange for Target Maternity Tank // 6. The Honest Company Face & Body Lotion // 7. Xhileration for Target Sleep Shorts // 8. Mossimo for Target Canvas Sneakers // 9. Nalgene Water Bottle // 10. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm //
2nd Trimester Must-Haves.
If I could just post a picture of my sisters up here as my 2nd Tri Must Haves, I would do it and be done. But they would probably be embarrassed/horrified/ask me to remove them from the world wide web. So... I can't really do that. But to be TOTALLY honest with you, my sisters (obviously, including my sister in laws) have been so incredibly helpful and supportive during this entire pregnancy. They have lent me clothes, products, priceless advice and unrelenting encouragement during these past 6 months. And they have graciously answered my relentless, unending phone calls (I've been a bit emotional and needier than I ever thought I would be...) But have no fear! If you don't have big sisters to turn to (and ask embarrassing questions to, like, "Hey sis, did you ever feel like your baby's foot was gonna pop out of you because he kicked so hard??"), you're in luck. Because I shall share aaaaalllll the good stuff that they shared with me during this past trimester. And I swear, it's gold. Thank you, sweet sisters. Mega shout out to Kara, Lauren, Rachel & Katie for being my gold-medal supporters. And for swearing to me that this colossal amount of cellulite will melt away after my little boy is born.
1. Gap Pure Body Long Sleeve Tee
- My darling sister-in-law lent me TONS of maternity clothes when I found out I was pregnant. As in, like 4 storage containers full of clothes. Yes, I am the luckiest girl in the world. Because after 3 pregnancies (and lots of shopping!) she has accumulated quite a fine collection of maternity wear. And since I hate shopping lately, especially for this growing bod, it has been the hugest blessing to open my closet and already have clothes that are soft and fitted. She lent me a ton of these Gap Pure Body long-sleeves, which are super duper soft and fit the belly nicely. I've been wearing them like crazyyyy. La, you are the BEST!
2. Gillian & O'Malley for Target Nursing Bra
- Okay, so you have to buy some new bras when you're pregnant. You can try your best to stay in your regular size, but let's just be honest now: those girls are GROWING. Gotta give 'em some support. I found the idea of a nursing bra horrifying (have you google searched them? Hideous!), but was relieved to see that Target offered some inexpensive, relatively cute options. Since you will have to invest in some nursing shirts/bras once the baby arrives, it's a good idea to go ahead and start making those purchases as you grow. It helps spread out the insane costs associated with having a baby! But seriously - these bras are soooo comfy. Getyusome.
3. The Tracey Anderson Pregnancy Project
- Exercise. It's a dread. I totally thought I would be one of those bouncy, jogging pregnant chicks, but alas, that is the LAST thing my body has craved. I wish I were bouncy. Lethargic is more like it. But the more I read, the more important I know it is to exercise and train for labor. So it's been a real challenge to discipline/motivate myself during this pregnancy. However, my sister lent me this DVD set and it has truly made a difference in my flexibility. For each month of pregnancy, there is a corresponding DVD to focus on what you need in that month (so you never get bored!) It has helped me hold (some) of the tone I previously had, as well. Tracey focuses on keeping your arms, legs and bottom half as toned and tight as possible, both for a smooth labor/delivery experience and for overall weight management throughout the 9 months. She is a genius. And she doesn't yell at you, like some DVD trainers do (I'm glaring at you, Jillian Michaels). I honestly didn't really start doing this regularly until months 4-5, when I had already gained weight and lost a lot of my previous exercise "ammo", but I have seen some improvements over the past 8 weeks or so. I would really encourage any pregnant lady to invest in this - it has done a lot for my sanity, as well!
4. Belvoir Sparkling Lemonade
- Drinking water gets monotonous and boring. You can snag this little delight at Whole Foods and treat yourself every once in a while. The lemon-rose flavor is also pretty scrumptious.
5. Liz Lange for Target Maternity Tank
- Back to the sister love. My older sis bought this brand/version tank top in every color during her pregnancy, and just rotated them everyday. She was living in South Florida at the time, where the weather was righteously hot, so these worked perfectly for her. She's lent me her rainbow collection and I've been investing in a few of my own - they are awesome to wear with anything and everything. In the winter I wore them under sweaters and long-sleeves, and now I'm starting to pair them with long skirts and (ahhh!!) shorts. They're super long and super soft, and made with a thick enough fabric that feels appropriate to wear over a protruding belly.
6. The Honest Company Face & Body Lotion
- Pregnancy has made me feel so dry. I love this lotion because its moisturizing without being oily or sticky. And its light enough to wear on your face as well! Jessica Alba, you are taking all my money.
7. Xhileration for Target Sleep Shorts
- Since my bottom half has grown, my normal pajamas wouldn't do. It helps to invest in something semi-cute so you don't feel like a whale ALL the time. Sleeping in something cool and crisp helps with all the dry/hot flashes I keep waking up with.
8. Mossimo for Target Canvas Sneakers
- Slip ons!!! They're necessary! Over the past several weeks, I've noticed I'm having a bit more trouble bending down to pick things up/put on my boots/shoes. In fact, I've almost retired my beloved winter boots and I'm in that strange in-between winter/summer stage. Sandals don't really work in NYC yet (though we've had a few almost-hot days!), so these easy Target slip-ons have been in heavy rotation lately. Thankfully, they're inexpensive and come in lots of colors (I literally just bought another pair of these yesterday :) Although soon I'm gonna have to invest in some comfortable slip-on sandals... Summer, I anticipate you!
9. Nalgene Water Bottle
- You have GOT to get your drink on. Minimum 8 glasses of water/day. It's a tedious task, and adding lemon/lime slices most certainly helps. I try to measure my drinking in these handy-dandy Nalgenes (we have about 10, REI has made a killing on us over the years), which has helped me keep track. When you're pregnant, you gotta hydrate! Keep that amniotic fluid fresh! (Did I gross you out? Too far? Okay, okay, too far.)
10. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm
- I ran out of my 1st trimester belly balm, and was gifted this by my sweetheart-of-a-friend Natalie. It has been awesome! It's not oily at ALL, just really soft and buttery. I can't believe how much my belly/hips/thighs have grown, but I've been super diligent about slathering this on and have yet to identify any new stretch marks. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Thanks for the skin treat, Natty!
Hope my must-haves are helpful to you pregnant chicas. Anything amazing that has helped you get through your 2nd Tri? I'm all ears!