I am reeeeeeeeally excited to head to the beach for our annual family trip in a few weeks. I've been a little bit fixated on getting in the sun, stretching out in a canvas-backed chair and facing that glorious Gulf of Mexico. Letting all my cares wash into the the waves and breathing in that purifying sea salt air. If you ask me, THAT'S the American dream :)
I've started stocking up on all the necessary gear and sun products to keep my family protected in the sun this summer. These aren't only beach-related products, they will work when you're exercising, gardening, playing sports or playing outside at the park. These are just the essentials that I keep in a gallon-sized ziplock and throw into my beach bag or purse whenever we are going to be outside in the sun. When things heat up in Georgia, there's no time for messing around. Summers here can be brutal without the right gear.
These are my tried-and-true products for fun in the sun. Some are new to me this year, and some have been family staples for years.
- As for sunscreen, I have loved using The Honest Company sunscreen (the Mineral Sunscreen, the Continuous Spray and the Sunscreen Stick) for babies and kids especially. And after doing a lot of research about chemical versus mineral ingredients, this year I'll be using Garden Goddess. More about sunscreen ingredients here.
- Don't forget about bug spray! Again, I'm a sucker for The Honest Company Bug Spray. I've been coating it on since I've been gardening lately, and it smells like essential oils. Which is better than smelling like plain old deet.
- As a daily moisturizer, I've been using Juice Beauty Tinted CC Cream for a few months now, and I am loving it. It provides just the right amount of coverage so that you can totally get away without wearing makeup for those mom-clothes, mom-hair kind of days. Which I have a LOT.
- For a little extra boost, I've been using The Honest Company Elevated Hydration Mist. They sent it to me in one of my bundles as a little Mother's Day gift (thank you!) and it's actually a really nice pick-me-up to spritz on when I hit that 3pm slump. Think of it like a green smoothie for your skin.
- For color treated hair, I spritz on a bit of Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil to keep things from getting too brassy and discolored. It smells a little strange, but what doesn't?
- I love coating my hair with The Honest Company Hair Detangler because it's the bomb. Is the bomb diggity still a term I can use? Because this is that.
- I like to keep it simple with an Eos balm most days (this mega pack is my weakness), but when I get in the sun I really like to coat on Kiss My Face Sport Balm. It seems to withstand the elements a little better than your average balm.
And there you have it! All the products that I keep up my sleeve (or actually, in my beach bag) for goofing off in the sun. I want to mention that, obviously, the best protection from the sun's harmful rays is clothing, and I make sure to keep myself and my family in a hat and sun-protective clothing when we are outside.
I hope you are gearing up for at least one getaway in the sunshine this summer! If you have plans, where are you heading off to this season? Any products that you love to add to this list? I'd love to hear from you!